These are my baby shower must haves. These 3 simple things will make your baby shower go smoother, be more fun, and the most beneficial for the mom-to-be.
Need help planning your shower? Get your FREE Baby Shower Planning Kit HERE >>>
1. Photo Area
I think every party should have an area for guests to be encouraged to take pictures and a baby shower is no exception. You can create this atmosphere by doing a few simple things.
- Put up a backdrop – something that goes along with your theme that your guests will see and just have to get a picture in front of it. A large banner backdrop or a balloon arch work really well.
2. Have Props – People can’t resist photo booth props and your baby shower guests will be no different. Lay them out on a table or have them in a jar or vase. It will make people want to take pictures and easier for you to get a picture of everyone.
Having a place to take photos will make it easier to get a picture of everyone at the shower so you don’t forget who was there. It makes a great keepsake to add to your photo album or social media memories. You can ask everyone to send you their photos or share them on social with a special #hashtag OR you can provide a camera for them to use like a Poloroid or your own personal one.
2. Notebook to Write Down Gifts Received
This is a handy tool for a couple of reasons:
- It will make it easier to write out and send thank you notes
- It serves as a keepsake for everyone who was there and the special gifts they gave for your little one. It can be a type of guestbook if you choose not to have a traditional one.
I took my gift log one step further and took pictures of each gift, everything that was in a bag or all the presents from one person. I added their name to the photo as a keepsake but also so I knew who bought which outfit. If I recognized a particular outfit from someone I tried to send them a picture of my baby in it.
3. Diaper Raffle Station
A diaper raffle has become a very popular thing at baby showers. I think it is a must have at your baby shower. It’s fun for the guests to fill out their diaper raffle tickets and put them in a bucket or box. Then wait in anticipation of who the lucky winner will be. Plus, it’s great for setting up the mom-to-be with essentials for her little one.
If you aren’t planning many other games or activities you can go big on the diaper raffle prize with a big basket or a higher value gift card.
I hope you will include some of my must haves at your next shower. I want to hear from you!
What are your must haves at a shower? Share them in the comments below.
And don’t forget to Get your Shower Planning Kit HERE >>>
Leave a Reply