5 Mail Carrier Gift Ideas
Looking to give a tip, or gift of appreciation to your mail carrier? They work long hours, have to deliver even in the snow and ice, and don’t get many thank yous throughout the week.
Can I give my mail carrier a gift?
Yes. If your mail carrier does a good job it is appropriate to give them a small gift during the holiday season. First, let’s look at the guidelines for gifts received by a mail carrier. They are a federal employee so there are a few rules to be followed.
|Mail Carrier Coffee Mug Gift Idea|
This is taken straight from USPS.com
All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as Christmas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period.
What is a good gift for a mailman?
- Baked Goods (Homemade or Store Bought) to be shared with there fellow postal workers.
- Gifts Valued at $20 or less
- A Greeting Card
- Handmade Items
Tom Murse from Thoughtco.com wrote this:
“Perhaps the best gift for your mail carrier is simply a heartfelt card saying “Thank you.” To step it up, you may want to show your appreciation by actually penning a letter of appreciation addressed to the postmaster of the particular office that your mailman works at.
Murse, Tom. “How to Pick the Right Gift for the Mail Carrier.” ThoughtCo, Jul. 15, 2019, thoughtco.com/the-right-gift-for-the-mailman-3321106.
Here are two options for Christmas cards for your mail carrier.
- Heating pads for their hands and a pair of gloves. It gets cold riding around with your windows down.
- Hand or Body Lotion. I would stick with something in a natural scent (ex. aloe, honey) or unscented.
- A handmade item or drawing from your kids.
- A Coffee mug or thermos with a packet of hot cocoa or tea.
- A festive treat like candy or Christmas cookies.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog in this way*